Pages

Friday 20 December 2019

Week 1 Day 2 - SLJ 2019

Activity 1: Flying Solo [4 points]
For this activity, compare and contrast these two aviators. You could use this venn diagram.
On your blog, share your comparison between the two women and be sure to include at least three similarities and three differences between these two aviators.
For this task I had to write at least three similarities and differences between Jean and Amelia.

Activity 2: One Small Step for Man [4 points]
For this activity, let’s imagine that you were Neil Armstrong.
On your blog, write a short poem describing how you felt when you first set foot on the moon. Here is a link to some different poetry forms.
For this task I had to create my own poem describing how I would feel when I first set foot on the moon. i'm not the best at poems so yeah, its not the best poem but its not the worst.
Activity 3: Miracle on the Hudson [6 points]
For this activity, we would like to hear about a time when you, or someone you know, was brave like Sully.
On your blog, recount a time when you (or someone else you know) did something brave.
For the final task I had to write about a time I was brave but I didn't really know what to write so I wrote about a time I nearly got ran over by saving my cousin.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Fun Fact: The longest place name on the planet is 85 letters long.




2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Madison,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters for the Kaikohekohe cluster for the Summer Learning Journey. I have heard some great things about the learners in the Manaiakalani cluster so I thought I would jump on and check out some blog posts.

    It’s great to see you have been completing so many Summer Learning Journey activities. What has your favourite activity been so far? You have done a good job finding some interesting facts about both Jean Batten and Amelia Earhart. They were both very brave woman to fly airplanes 100 years ago when the planes were very different! Do you think you would be brave enough to fly a plane from England to New Zealand? Did you know that there is a school in Mangere called Jean Batten School? How cool would it be to at a school named after a very well known New Zealander. I think that it is quite cool that they are close to the airport.

    I really like how you have made your poem rhythm. . I can imagine that you would feel very overwhelmed being the first person to land on the moon. Do you think that you would like to visit space at all? One of my friends actually builds rockets, as his job! They are rockets to help send satellites up into space but maybe they will start building rockets to carry people into space soon!

    As it is the holiday period many of the Summer Learning Journey team are currently away from work and are spending some time with their friends and family. This means that you would get many encouraging comments over this time. We want you to keep blogging and we will comment on as many of your posts as we can when everyone is back at work!

    Keep the blogging up!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maddie!
    What an great info post you have posted great work! have a beautiful holidays!
    Kindly ,
    Lillyana

    ReplyDelete